Quantum Systems Engineer | Delft
Are you looking for a challenging project, at the boundary between science and engineering? Are you interested in Quantum Technology? TNO is active on that front and is looking to expand its team of quantum engineers.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR ROLE?
You will be working in the Quantum Technology department of TNO in projects we perform directly for clients or in close collaboration with the TUDelft in the QuTech research center for quantum computing and quantum internet. QuTech addresses scientific challenges as well as engineering issues in a joint center of know-how with industrial partners.
Our mission is to apply scientific knowledge and technology into higher TRL (Technology Readiness Level) applications, designing and building systems that leverage on quantum properties. Depending on the qubit technology and the applications, these systems could consist of optical setups (for example based on color centers) or electronic systems (e.g. computing stacks).
You will be working toward designing and prototyping these systems, bridging the gap between university research and commercial applications. You will use your Systems Engineering skills to perform project and system breakdown, estimating and scheduling engineering costs and planning. You will be considered at the main technical point of contact for the systems you develop but you will not be on your own. You will work with a team of content experts and will exchange with other Systems Engineer to share your experience and further develop your competencies, using the INCOSE systems engineering competencies as a framework.
More information about the researchgroup Quantum Technology.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Experience in the development of high tech systems Preferably, also experience in developing systems or conducting scientific research on one of the following type of quantum systems:
- Computing stacks based on any qubit technology
- Quantum communication hardware development
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering, with an emphasis on quantum research considered a plus.
In addition to the above mentioned technical proficiency, this role requests for the following skills; organized way of working and able to work productively in a team.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO AS AN EMPLOYER
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Please apply before August 15, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
HAS THIS JOB OPENING SPARKED YOUR INTEREST?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anouk Bos Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-413 74015 LinkedIn: https://nl.linkedin.com/in/anoukbos1
Hiring manager: Jérémy Veltin Phone number: +31 (0)6-317 57083