Quantum Technology Expert
Position: Quantum Technology Expert (M / W / D)
The European Quantum Industry Consortium (QuIC) is a pan-European non-profit association dedicated to the advancement of commercial quantum solutions and Europe’s competitiveness in quantum technology on the global stage. Established in 2021 by several major business actors from across Europe, QuIC today regroups over 160 members, including large enterprises, SMEs, investors, and startups. The consortium operates as a collaborative hub, bringing members together to work on subjects of common interest and forging a vibrant, collaborative pan-European quantum ecosystem. Topics addressed by the consortium work groups include law & trade, standardisation of emerging quantum tech, education and professional trainings, market intelligence, and the pan-European industry’s strategic roadmap.
Why join QuIC?
Joining QuIC is an opportunity to shape the future of the pan-European quantum industry and stand at the forefront of the world’s quantum future. You will work with many of Europe’s leading quantum companies and help craft the evolution of all quantum segments: quantum computing, quantum communication, quantum sensing and metrology, the enabling technologies. If you are passionate about the development of new technology, working at the intersection of research and industry, and tackling a range of challenges with some of the world’s most influential quantum stakeholders, QuIC is the place for you. Join us!
QuIC is looking for a talented Quantum Technology Expert to join its internal staff on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will support the activities of QuIC within the frame of the European project QUCATS, responsible for the coordination and ongoing activities of the European Quantum Flagship. The Expert will report directly to the Executive Director of QuIC.
Lead work group activities together with leading members of the pan-European quantum industry and research communities.Propose new undertakings and critically review work ouputs. Organise and manage work group meetings
Investigate the needs of the quantum industry & the evolution of the quantum technology market.
Craft white papers and public reports on relevant subjects for the quantum industry.
Gather intelligence on advances in the quantum industry and novel research.
Represent QuIC in technical committees, at conferences and events, and in select collaborations with external partners.
Engage with national and European officials and other stakeholders on QuIC-relevant topics.
- Academic background: degree in physics or an engineering discipline, preferably with a focus on quantum research and/or quantum technologies.
- Work experience (3+ years), or equivalent research experience, in the area of quantum science, quantum technologies, and/or the quantum industry.
- Leadership skills: successful experience in leading and managing group projects. Able to motivate and mobilise partners. Able to deliver quality results in a timely manner in a team setting.
- General: good communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated analytical skills with attention to details, reliable with tasks and responsibilities. Preference for candidates with international experience.
- Fluent in English. Business proficiency in another European language is a plus.
- Citizen or legal resident with work permit of a Member State of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom.
Work will be conducted mostly remotely, from a home / mobile office, using digital tools to connect with QuIC members and external collaborators. The selected candidate will nonetheless be expected to travel approximately once to twice monthly to meet with QuIC members and other relevant stakeholders, and to carry out work group activities.
Start Date: 1 January 2023 or earlier
Contract duration: 30-month fixed term contract.
Send your application (resume incl. cover letter) to email@example.com by 7 October 2022.