Researcher in Quantum technoloy and communication applied to Telecom networks F/M
About the role
Orange Innovation is strengthening its research teams in the field of quantum communications to prepare the networks of the future. We believe that quantum technologies will profoundly change the way we design and use our optical networks in the next decade. This second revolution in quantum technologies opens major challenges that we must convert into opportunities for Orange.
We are looking for an experienced researcher to accelerate our works in quantum communications in interaction with the main international academic and industrial players.
Your role, within the Orange Innovation research programs, will be to investigate the potential of these technologies to invent future Orange networks taking advantage of quantum technologies and thus to participate in the definition of the group's quantum strategy.
· You will publish the results of your work in scientific journals and conferences.
· You may be required to patent your innovations.
· You may be required to participate in French or European cooperative projects.
· You may be required to manage research contracts partnership.
· You may be required to supervise PHD students, post-docs or interns.
As part of your activities, you will be in charge to:
· Contribute to experimental realization and evaluation of QKD prototypes to then study the impact of this type of system on the engineering of telecommunication systems
· Propose and experiment disruptive architectures of optical networks taking advantage of the resources of quantum technologies (entanglement in particular)
· Develop industrial and academic partnerships through collaborative projects structuring for Orange
· Build expertise in quantum technology and metrology to be prepared for the challenges of a future Quantum network and enable the emergence of new businesses for Orange
· Promote Orange's works by publishing the results of your works in scientific journals and conferences and protect Orange's intellectual property by filing patents
· Propose new research axes with strong potentialities for promotion through Orange offers by sharing and increasing the skills of the teams, PhD students in your field, and being a player in the influence of Orange in these fields.
You have a PhD in quantum physics with significant experience in the field of telecommunications or fiber optic transmission. You have a master's degree and 3-5 years of experience in several fields among:
· Quantum physics
· Optical transmission
· Digital communication
· Cryptography and security
Experimental skills and in particular a good knowledge of test and measurement tools for optical systems and components are also required.
To carry out your missions, you must also demonstrate:
· Rigor, strong ability to analyze and synthesize.
· Ability to work in a team but also to carry out actions independently.
· Initiative, curiosity, creativity, and dynamism.
· Ability to understand complex problems and propose breakthrough solutions
· Ability to work in an international environment.
· Writing and communication in English and French.
You will evolve in a research environment in proximity to diversified skills and on a wide scope of subjects. Your scientific thinking and your creativity will be stimulated by the operational and pragmatic view of Orange. Finally, you will participate in collaborative research projects in relation with the most advanced national and international players in the field.
You want to be a committed player in current and future transformations: ambient connectivity thanks to 5G, all-optical networks, generalized software infrastructure, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, new usages and new societal challenges, etc.
Even more than enlightening the future, Orange Research contributes to forging a fully human and digital future: identifying breakthroughs, building skills and intellectual property, contributing to the invention of innovative services and infrastructures.
As a researcher at Orange, you will evolve within teams with international recognized skills, in relation with many external partners from the academic and industrial worlds and will have many possibilities for career development in a large international group.
Orange Innovation Networks defines and manages the strategy of the Orange group in the field of networks, by influencing the standards, telecom norms at the global level which feed the engine of growth of the group.
The SOAN (Smart Optical and Automated Networks) team within Orange Innovation Networks is in charge of studies and launches research and exploration projects in the field of Optical Networks and Infrastructure. Research activity fuels innovation by influencing our ecosystems through standardization. It sheds light on the future, highlights disruptive technologies, particularly in the optical networks of the future, and their security.