Junior Firmware Engineer
About our organization - C2DG: Client and Core Development Group We are designing the future of compute!
We develop Intel's main and most valuable & complex IP – the CORE. It is the central part of many Intel's products: Desktops, Notebooks, Servers, Cloud CPUs and more. Our CORE is in the heart of hundreds of millions of products being sold every year, and is driving the internet, networking industry, cloud compute, communications, consumers and more.
About the team: Acode
Our team is delivering Intel Core’s power-performance management engine. This team is working on cutting-edge technologies in both design and verification to optimize the performance of the core while saving power.
As a Junior Firmware Verification Engineer, you will work on cutting edge design components that will require deep understanding of a highly complex design architecture. You'll build efficient, innovative and effective emulation environments that exercise designs aiming to predict their power and performance before chip arrives to lab; and suggest improvements / debug failures when these are not as expected. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of power-performance verification which ranges from verification planning, test execution, failure debugging, through collecting and closing coverage on both Pre-Silicon and Post-Silicon platforms. You will be a part of a leading dynamic team, and your role will provide vast development and leading opportunities.
You should have:
- B.Sc. in Electrical or Computer Engineering (M.Sc. an advantage)
- Strong debugging skills, including debugging pre-Silicon Verilog simulation & emulation platforms as well as post-Si environments necessary to run power & performance work
- Experience in functional coverage driven verification
- Experience in Python scripting
- Great communication skills
- Fast learner
Nice to have:
- Experience in Pre-Silicon Verification on emulation, using post-processing techniques. Super strong debugging skills
- Experience in Perl/Python scripting.
- Familiarity with Intel-Architecture
Inside this Business Group
The Core and Client Development Group (C2DG) is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Core ™, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products, driving most of the Client roadmap for CCG, Delivering Server First Cores that enable continued growth for DCG and invest in future disruptive technologies.
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.