Post-Doctoral Research Visit F/M Postdoctoral research position on Secure Multi-Party Quantum Computing
INRIA Paris is opening a 1 year post-doctoral research position on secure multi-party quantum computation. This research is funded through the ANR project SecNISQ. The work will be supervised by Harold Ollivier (https://h-oll.github.io) and will be performed in collaboration with the team of Pr. Elham Kashefi at LIP6-Sorbonne University, Dr. Celine Chevalier from CRED-Universite Paris 2 / Ecole Normale Superieure and Dr. Mark Kaplan co-founder of Veriqloud. The successful applicant will be integrated in the Paris Center for Quantum Computing vibrant ecosystem.
The project's goal is to develop new and enhance existing secure multiparty quantum computing protocols. To accomplish this, it will be possible -- without being limitative -- to leverage tools recently developed by the participants to the project (based on "Verifying BQP Computations on Noisy Devices with Minimal Overhead" and "Delegating Multi-Party Quantum Computations vs. Dishonest Majority in Two Quantum Rounds"). The project has a focus on resource overheads while maintaining the highest possible security guarantees.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary team comprising quantum and classical cryptography experts as well as industry players akin to implement some of the protocols using real hardware.
We encourage applications from early career researchers in quantum information processing interested in one of the following sub-topics: cryptography, physical implementations of protocols, quantum algorithms, quantum communication protocols.
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (according to the applicable regulations) and flexible organization of working hours (after one year)
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
- Social security coverage
The remuneration will be established according to the candidate's profile and experience
- Theme/Domain : Algorithmics, Computer Algebra and Cryptology System & Networks (BAP E)
- Town/city : Paris
- Inria Center : CRI de Paris
- Starting date : 2022-05-01
- Duration of contract : 12 months
- Deadline to apply : 2022-04-30