Educational Officer (0.8 FTE)
Hogeschool van Amsterdam
Location: Hogeschool van Amsterdam, Hogeschool van Amsterdam, Hogeschool van Amsterdam, Hogeschool
Company: Hogeschool van Amsterdam
Will you help us shape the future?
Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS) is looking for an enthusiastic colleague who would like to join us in the role of
Educational Officer (0.8 FTE)
Quantum technology is a breakthrough field based on the behaviour of the smallest particles. Expectations are high due to the new methods of computation, communication and measurement made possible by this technology. The first commercial applications are already available, but the real breakthrough is only expected a few years from now with respect to potential applications for the climate, new materials, medicines, optimisation, cybersecurity, communication and sensing. The Netherlands is in a unique position to play an important role in the development of this technology and thus gain an economic advantage. With funding available from the growth fund, Quantum Delta Nederland (QDNL) has set up a broad programme which includes research, ecosystem development, education and ethical, legal and social issues. As part of this programme, a Talent and Learning Centre (TLC) has been established in Amsterdam. This TLC is tasked with developing transparent education focused on quantum technology for students, businesses, research institutes and government authorities to be taught at universities, universities of applied sciences, senior secondary vocational education institutions, secondary schools and primary schools, in consultation with national and international partners.
Where will you be working? You will work in a team of passionate people with different backgrounds in terms of education and experience, who are all enthusiastic about quantum technology. Your workplace will be on the Amstel Campus and sometimes also at Amsterdam Science Park. The team has an open and warm work ethos with plenty of room to share ideas and learn from each other. The TLC has a place within the dynamic ecosystem that Quantum.Amsterdam is creating.
Talent as the basis, diversity as a strength The AUAS organisation wants everyone in it to feel welcome, appreciated and at home. As an employer, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we will be able to perform as a knowledge institution in and for the city. We strive to ensure that the composition of our workforce is a good reflection of the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives that characterise Amsterdam. Regardless of your gender, age, cultural background, who you love and what you believe: you are warmly invited to apply!
What will you be doing?
- As an educational officer, you will be responsible for designing education in the field of quantum technology or helping others to do so;
- You will contact and consult with external partners involved in education in the Amsterdam region as well as nationally and internationally;
- You will maintain a network of relationships between the TLC, the testbeds and the field labs in order to connect the research and projects carried out there with education within the programmes involved;
- You will initiate, improve and maintain quantum technology education for programmes in primary schools to university level and beyond;
- You will consult with educational officers at the TLCs in Leiden/Delft, Twente and Eindhoven;
- You will develop an overview of education in the field of quantum technology in the Amsterdam region and identify how these programmes relate to each other;
- You will collaborate on the creation of a website highlighting quantum technology education in the Amsterdam region.
- You have a Master’s degree in physics or computer science;
- You have knowledge of and experience within the different types of education you’ll be working with;
- You have an inquisitive attitude, which means you are curious, critical, eager to understand and willing to change your perspective;
- You are well aware of the various challenges in this field and can’t wait to start tackling them. You encourage discussion about this between the parties involved.
- You have at least a B2 level in English.
What we have to offer you
- First of all, a great place to work in a friendly and driven team;
- A temporary appointment for one year. If we are happy with your performance and you are enjoying your work, we will discuss the possibility of extending your appointment with you;
- The activities come under the organisational job classification of lecturer/researcher 2. This job is remunerated at salary scale 11 (Collective Labour Agreement for Universities of Applied Sciences). The maximum gross monthly salary for this position is €5,332 for a full-time appointment and is dependent on education and experience.
- An extensive package of fringe benefits, including generous leave entitlement, a 13th month and high-quality sports facilities;
- Excellent opportunities for training and development. We value your continued professionalisation and therefore offer resources such as our AUAS Academy and our online learning environment GoodHabitz, where you’ll have free unlimited access to all available training courses.
Would you like to find out more about this challenging position? Please feel free to contact: Marten Teitsma (firstname.lastname@example.org +31621156982). This email address should only be used to ask questions: we will only process applications received via the application link below.
Would you like to apply? Your letter of application is your opportunity to persuade us that you are the ideal candidate! To apply for this position, please click on the link below before the 3th of April.
What else you need to know
- This vacancy has been published both internally and externally at the same time. Where two candidates are equally suitable for the post, internal candidates will take priority over external candidates.
- If you would like to know more about how our application procedure works, see our website WerkenbijdeHvA.nl.
- Interviews will be held starting in the week of 17th of April 2023.
- No recruitment agencies please.